Chief of MWR/Force Support Services
Location:317 Chestnut Hill Rd
New Boston, NH 03070
7:30 am – 3:30 pm Tues – Fri
CLOSED – Mondays/Weekends & Holidays
Payment: Visa or MasterCard accepted with a valid ID
New Boston Air Force Station is located approximately one hour north of Hanscom Air Force Base and 25 miles north of the Massachusetts state line. It sits tucked away in an area of rural New Hampshire and includes more than 2,600 acres of rolling hills that offer recreational opportunities.
The majority of the station consists of undeveloped forest land and an outdoor recreation area scattered around four ponds, affording an amazing outdoor experience without overcrowding or noise.
NBAFS Outdoor Recreation operates two cabins inside the Recreational Area besides beautiful Joe English Pond. The cabins are available by advance reservation Memorial Day weekend through Oct.
- Cabins can accommodate up to 5 people
- Fire-pit grill
- Outdoor Picnic Table
- Air conditioning
- Pots/Pans, coffee maker, full size elec. stove, fridge/microwave
- Deck for lounging
- We love pets but our Cabins are 100% Pet-Free.
- Guest must provide own sheets, blankets, pillows, towels, & paper products
- Cabins rent for $70 per night/Visa or MasterCard only
RV Storage Lot
NBAFS also operates a recreational vehicle storage lot that provides a safe and affordable place to store recreational vehicles, boats and small trailers. The paved and fenced facility has gated customer access and accommodates approximately 25 vehicles up to 40 feet in length. RV storage is available to active-duty, Guard and Reserve personnel, retirees and DoD civilians.
RV Lot Rates:
19 ft. and under: $40 per month
20 – 28 ft : $45 per month
29 ft. and over: $50 per month
Outdoor Recreation Equipment Rental
NBAFS Outdoor Rec operates a limited equipment rental operation. Available items are kayaks/canoes, mt. bikes, coolers, camping items, pop-up RV’s and party supplies.
Primitive Camp Sites
There are 12 primitive campsites on New Boston Air Force Station. Each site has a picnic table, and fire-pit grill. Sites are generally suitable for a tent, small pop-up camper or small class three motorhome. Six sites are at Joe English Pond and six at Ice Pond. NBAFS does not take reservations for the sites.
- A check or money order is required for payment (no cash) $20 per night per spot. A self-service pay tube is located at the Deer Pond information kiosk.
- No refunds provided for early departures.
- There is no electricity available at the campsites and no potable water.
- Portable toilets are available from mid May until the end of September.
Campers outside of this period must dispose of waste themselves using portable chemical toilets (no digging allowed on base).
Things to know before you go:
- NBAFS was an air to ground bombing range. Unexploded Ordnance (UXO) may be present. A safety brief and written acknowledgement are required to use campsites.
- Deer ticks are prevalent at NBAFS. Ticks transmit Lyme’s Disease and Human granulocytic anaplasmosis (HGA) (see https://www.cdc.gov/ticks/diseases/index.html. Recommended avoidance include the use of permethrin and deet repellents.
- Firewood from off base is not allowed.
- There are no campground attendants. Generally, someone is available to answer question during weekdays.
Contact: Stephen Najjar, Natural Resources Planner
Questions please call 603-471-2346 or email email@example.com